Vote For Us

Top Sites
Vote For UWE
at Wrestling R Us Top 100 EFeds

Top Site
Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment
March 29, 2024, 01:51:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulations to Marvin Wood and Haven for RP of the Week, go here to read it: http://uwe.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,11274.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links UWE.com Staff List Login Register  

Anyone remember when

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone remember when  (Read 462 times)
Baron Von Jihad
UWE Upper Midcarder

Win/Loss: Too many wins, not enough losses.

FALCON PUNCH!

« on: August 08, 2009, 01:43:27 am »

we could do whatever we pleased? And take your damn VR goggles off for a moment. Think about life. Not your life inside of a computer with processors and graphics cards and overclocked GPU's, just life. When's the last time any of your sorry asses actually went outside and did something worthwhile? I'm not talking about leaving your bat cave to go see a movie, or catch dinner and a few drinks. I'm talking being outside just for the hell of it. To see what the world has to offer and to see what the edges of your world actually entail. To, in short, explore. I really do wonder if we're missing something.

I don't know why, but I got to thinking about when I was a kid, and it seemed like everything in a five kilometer radius was my own personal world for the taking. I would have friends in this area and often we would just grab some water, a snack or two, and just go. We built forts in the middle of a wooded area under a major overpass, we had adventures tumbling down hills and nearly falling off sheer cliff drops. ****, I remember one time in particular where I and my friend Jesse had to carry our boy Mike home because he had fallen out of a tree and broken his leg.

Was it dangerous? Sure... but for some reason, it taught it something about the world we lived in. I don't know. I just find it funny that my entire life is filled with these happy little scars from stitches and scrapes and deep cuts thanks to falling over in a creek--and then I think about the kids of today's generation. I think about how they're no longer exploring the world just outside their front door, and instead a world that is beamed directly into their bedrooms via digital stream. I feel kind of hollow when I think about that. Thinking about some kid who will be my age, and will probably have my point of view, but won't know the physical cost to earn that view.

Are we just heading further and further down the rabbit hole? Are we just locking ourselves in our little caves so that the world will pass us by? I don't know... I just wish that kids today could go outside, and not worry about some overprotective brain fart ruining their good time. I guess in the end, what I'm saying is, all of us had an on-going antagonistic relationship not necessarily with each other, but with the world we inhabited. Every day we stepped out that front door, we conquered just a little bit more of what had lied in wait. We saw just a little more, progressed a little deeper--and it felt like an accomplishment. Nowadays? iPods, cleanliness, and video games...

... I dunno, it just doesn't strike me as a way for a kid to live.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:45:41 am by Baron Von Overlord » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Chris Horton
Showdown Superstar
UWE Star

UWE **** Champion

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:14:34 am »

Last time I just went out for the hell of it...Hmm, well that'd be today to play tennis and football and such at the park, and I go out with the missus and/or my mates pretty much every day anyway.

Last time I did anything adventurous, though...I was drunk, it was about two months ago and we attempted to play tennis. It was at about 2 in the morning, so the courts on the park where empty. From what I can remember, it didn't work.
Report Spam   Logged

CHRIS HORTON def. JAMES POLYCKE - UWE HACKED 2010
Baine
Showdown Superstar
UWE Superstar

Win/Loss: 31/13/1

IDK.. random text

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 02:16:25 am »

we could do whatever we pleased? And take your damn VR goggles off for a moment. Think about life. Not your life inside of a computer with processors and graphics cards and overclocked GPU's, just life. When's the last time any of your sorry asses actually went outside and did something worthwhile? I'm not talking about leaving your bat cave to go see a movie, or catch dinner and a few drinks. I'm talking being outside just for the hell of it. To see what the world has to offer and to see what the edges of your world actually entail. To, in short, explore. I really do wonder if we're missing something.

I actually go outside and skateboard. Sweat my ass off pretty damn good. lol

Im also joining the military soon. lol  Smiley

Because that I do crazy things with my girlfriend. Yeah... crazy things. lmao

Also, I love you guys alot and so that's why I decided to come back to e-world. lol
Report Spam   Logged

Info about Baine:
W-L-D
31-16-1
Retired Wrestler
My wiki profile:
http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Baine
Christopher Dumont
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 03:52:09 am »

Adventures on LSD = Time of your life.
Report Spam   Logged
mannytheniggarific
Showdown Superstar
UWE Upper Midcarder

Win/Loss: the fuck you wanna know for? I'm legendary ho.

that nigga you hate, love, and wanna ****

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 04:03:18 am »

Here's the thing. I **** hate cities. It seems like, no matter how far I walk, I can't escape the goddamned city. And I live next to a college. Well, not next to it, but I'm about 9-10 blocks away from UC Berkeley. Now, do I go out? Plenty. Not just to movies or sports events either. I go just for the hell of going. Me and my friends go outside, walk blocks upon blocks upon blocks, and just do ****. Get drunk, turn a beat on and freestyle, explore ****, we're actually planning on doing some ole dumb **** and setting this inflated gorilla free at some point. Still, I feel like living in the city really shuts me off from a lot of the things that I want to do. I want to drive an ATV over a big ass dirt hill and try not to die. Back when I lived in LA I'd visit my cousins and we'd jump off of ****. I'd go to the park and just hit backflips. The city kept me tame, though. Parents trying to train me to be afraid of everything when I really needed to be outside. I used to want a treehouse, but I lived in the city. We didn't have trees. I used to skateboard and got pretty good on the street, but they never let me go far enough out of my way to go to a park or anything like that. I moved to Berkeley and it's better, don't get me wrong, but it's still the city and I **** hate it most of the time.
Report Spam   Logged

YEAH NIGGA!!! i have returned you swamp suckin sacks of horse ****. I say this with love mind you. suck a herpes outbreak dick if you don't like it. Biatches.
Ace "The Bleach" Borger
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: W4-L3-NC1

The REAL King of Awesome.

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 07:01:28 am »

I live in bumfuck egypt, so needless to say when I was a kid, it was easy to go out and explore, but nowadays, theres so much urban development out ehre, as well as strict landowners and international trade zones because of the oil fields, that we cant really go out and just walk around in teh country anymore.

So, now, when I disappear for the days online, or few days sometiems, its because im out with my kids, showing them how I grew up, but just showing them in a different place where its more wild and theyc an really get their hands and feet dirty.

I really hope I dont raise 3 iPod kids, but kids who like to be adveturous.  I just hope, for hopes sake, that they dont like to base jump and **** like daddy lol.
Report Spam   Logged

UWE RECORD
Dark Matches - W1-L0
Showdown - W2-L2-NC1
PPV - W1-L1
Career: W4-L3-NC1
Streak: NC-1

NWA-Hawaii Record

Career: W2-L0

Latest: Defeated Adam Majors to win the NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Championship

Power 15
April - #5 +-

NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Champion (Current) (7-27-09 - xx)

Christopher Dumont
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 06:14:50 pm »

This is why Newfoundland > many other places. I step outside and I'm surrounded by trees. When its winter, used to go in the woods and jump off trees into snow and almost die from getting buried alive. Now we jump ice pans in the ocean.

Report Spam   Logged
mannytheniggarific
Showdown Superstar
UWE Upper Midcarder

Win/Loss: the fuck you wanna know for? I'm legendary ho.

that nigga you hate, love, and wanna ****

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 07:39:38 pm »

that's fuckin beautiful. why oh why didn't i live there? well, no point in dwelling on it now, i guess.
Report Spam   Logged

YEAH NIGGA!!! i have returned you swamp suckin sacks of horse ****. I say this with love mind you. suck a herpes outbreak dick if you don't like it. Biatches.
Christopher Dumont
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 09:27:34 pm »

Weather is really shitty though.
Report Spam   Logged
Ace "The Bleach" Borger
UWE Midcarder

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 10:06:45 am »

Yeah, and Clearly is there.  ;D
Report Spam   Logged

UWE RECORD
Dark Matches - W1-L0
Showdown - W2-L2-NC1
PPV - W1-L1

NWA-Hawaii Record

Latest: Defeated Adam Majors to win the NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Championship

Power 15
April - #5 +-

NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Champion (Current) (7-27-09 - xx)

Christopher Dumont
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 03:58:43 pm »

Clearly > several thousand texans.
Report Spam   Logged
Angelus
The Master of Puppets
Hall Of Fame
UWE Icon

Win/Loss: 42/12/1

Should've found a better diet

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 04:02:17 pm »

I enjoy the outdoors.  Always have.  If I have kids, I have no doubt they will as well.  Why?  Because I have no intention of buying them all the crap parents hands over to their kids today.  When I was little, sure I wanted this video game or that one.  I wanted this sweet looking computer, but my folks didn't waste money on things we didn't need.  Sure, every now and then it was ok.  But they didn't buy me anything and everything just because it was what I wanted or because it was the newest "hot" thing to have.  I either worked for it, or it was just out of the goodness of their hearts.  The second one didn't happen that often Tongue

The point?  It made me go out and do stuff.  I went fishing, arrow head hunting, took my BB gun and went bird hunting or something.  I went around to my neighbors' houses and grabbed any boards or scrap wood they had and then went into my dad's work shed and grabbed his tools, hell I made my own club houses.  Kids today are always wanting to go to the aquatic center here and swim, man when I was a kid a pond or riverbed>any man made fucken pool lol.  I don't give a **** how many cool waterslides there are, it doesn't beat swinging on a rope and into the water, or jumping from some ledge into a pond.  But it's all about being anti-germ now I guess.  

I remember one of the most coolest things to do was me and my friends would go out into the woods not far from where I lived, and in this brush there was this big ole ravine.  That was the coolest place EVER to play at.  We took our toy guns out there and would play war or whatever all damn day.  

Not much changed as I got older.  Maybe the way we did certain things.  Like now we don't take our toy guns do the ravine, now we go down in four wheelers and ramp off dirt mounds.  It's good times.  Part of the reason I love living in Missouri so much is because there's so much I can go out and do when ever I want.  Any day of the year.  And really, nothing's changed that much.
Report Spam   Logged

Chris Horton
Showdown Superstar
UWE Star

UWE **** Champion

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 04:11:58 pm »

That's probably one of the first things I'll do when I get my liscense early next year (I'm confident). Get in the car, and go and do whatever the **** I feel like. Good times. Cool
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:45:37 pm by Prime Time: KoA » Report Spam   Logged

CHRIS HORTON def. JAMES POLYCKE - UWE HACKED 2010
Ace "The Bleach" Borger
UWE Midcarder

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 04:33:44 pm »

Clearly > several thousand texans.

Heh.  One newfie is only as good as one Texans sheeeit.
Report Spam   Logged

UWE RECORD
Dark Matches - W1-L0
Showdown - W2-L2-NC1
PPV - W1-L1

NWA-Hawaii Record

Power 15
April - #5 +-

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: