Vote For Us

Top Sites
Vote For UWE
at Wrestling R Us Top 100 EFeds

Top Site
Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment
April 18, 2024, 10:57:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Finally, congratulations to Efinn Rox for becoming UWE Champion

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links UWE.com Staff List Login Register  

Alright, Just A Quicky... That Is A Euphemism

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alright, Just A Quicky... That Is A Euphemism  (Read 218 times)
Sentai Ranger DOUBLE PLATINUM!
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: Hey! I Can Fill This Out Now!

UWE's Triple Crown And Cruiserweight Champion

« on: August 14, 2009, 01:06:32 pm »

Sorry, had to rush this one.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

I can still hear Frank Leary scream at the top of his lungs as Blight threw me off his shoulders from the top of that ladder. As I fell to the ground, I braced myself for the splintery grave that awaited me down below. Back first I dove into those tables, chips of wood flew into the air, floating around like they were in outer space. I remember hearing the people’s voices as they let out a disappointed groan, their CCW Hero, The Depressed Daydreamer had failed to capture the gold… Or so they thought.
The Disciple of Synn smirked at the destruction he’d caused, pleased that he gotten rid of his only obstacle before claiming what he held so many times before hand. His head would rise yet his smile would drop, his eyes widened in disbelief. For all that met him at the top was an empty hook hanging off the steel cage. Dumbfounded by this turn of events, he could only assume the worst as he reluctantly stared down to find a silver suitcase wrapped in between my arms.

Tony Daniels had finally known what it was like to be a Champion.

Backstage, Cory Chevelle was the first to welcome me with a firm handshake and a bone crushing hug on my already injured body. I think more than anyone, he was the most proud of what I’d accomplished. I still remember his blue eyes brightening up at the thought of me opening the briefcase. Eager to show off the prize I had fought so hard for. I could hardly wait; my hand started shaking at the thought. I opened it up and was blinded by the glare produced from the new belt shine. I’ll be honest, when my eyes recovered I didn’t know what to think, but I couldn’t seem ungrateful towards The Monkey’s kind gesture. I reluctantly held my new prize with both hands, forcing a smile onto my face… I could never bear to tell him that this was not the title I risked my life for…

- Tony Daniels: CCW’s First Grand Heavyweight Champion –

It’s been four, maybe five years since that night. One month later I ridded myself of that curse but not of that memory. I was so close! So close to raising my head with pride and knowing that I was the second man to being immortalized as A Triple Crown Champion… God, I would’ve preferred to be announced as a **** Heavyweight Champion compared to what I had become. Even with it being considered a defunct in the eyes of the CCW Board of Directors, I still begged, pleaded even that they reconsider… I was turned down every time.
Now, here in The UWE, thanks to Lord Edward Laurent, I once again have a chance to capture all that I had sought after those many years ago. I refuse to let it slip out of my hands once more, I cannot let lightning strike again. All week I’ve done nothing but train, any time I wasn’t sleeping I was in that ring, throwing my legs into the pads with Frank Leary coaching me the entire time. I need to prove that I’m not wanting to be to be another first. I’m just wanting to be a Triple Crown Champion.

“I’ve never seen the kid so determined before, sunovabitch even dropped playing video games with Stoner to do this… He really wants it bad doesn’t he…?” Frank Leary says as he removes the sweat from his brow with the towel placed comfortably on his shoulders. He stares in the direction of Shawn Massey, Tony Daniels’ best friend and personal lawyer.

“Yeah, I’ve barely seen the guy all week… I’m surprised you two still aren’t in that ring.” Massey responds, sitting in his collapsible chair with eyes that refuse to leave the man he’s nicknamed “Dep”.

“God, don’t tell him out loud but the kid’s been running circles around me… At my age it’s hard to keep up with him… He’s constantly on a goddamn sugar rush!”

The two share a laugh in agreement over my hyperactive tendencies. This is the first time Frank’s called for a break in three days and even with the privilege of having an hour to just sit down and relax a little, my mind is focused on the match. I haven’t really had enough time to promote the match - Kinda funny considering the whole… You know, Master of Monologues thing – so with thirty minutes until I had to endure more stomach turning crunches, I’d ensured that there was at least a camera set up so that I could get one segment out of the way.

I can’t have people like Chip, Pyro and Stoner trying to top me on my historic night.

“Alright kid, you’ve got twenty more minutes, make it quick okay.” Says the old man, downing his home made sandwich like it’s his last meal. I just shoe his worries away; I won’t need any more than one take to say all that I have to. The Director – Guy Le Grand (Who, by the way, is a complete douche in comparison to my ex-wife who used to film my segments) sits in his chair with his stupid hat and Hawaiian shirt. His weak moustache holds the crumbs of a few biscuits as he mumbles for everyone to get ready. Seeming as if he didn’t care, he just looks at me and

The scene opens in Frank Leary’s personal gym focused on his smaller than average wrestling ring. His wooden walls are covered in darkness, the only lights on at the moments are those aimed at the squared circle where standing in the centre of it is The Depressed Daydreamer, Tony Daniels. Dressed to fight and drenched in his own sweat, the drops on his forehead glisten in front of the camera as he readies himself for his famed web promotions.

“You know, Jamie Stevens once called me The Man Stuck in His Own Past. And truth be told for a long time I tried to shrug that name off, my past is far from glamorous, there’s not a lot I can look back on and be proud that I had actually done it. I’ve been labelled a no show, regurgitated in the middle of a UWE ring, brought a man who hired me to manage him during the biggest push of his life into a drug addiction just so I could steal his Money in the Bank contract and I’ve even tapped out at my own WRW retirement match after eleven seconds… Yeah, everyone wants to gloat about those memorable moments.

Yet try and try as I might to run away from all of these historic events, the truth is without all of these things bringing me down, I don’t think I’d be trying so hard now to work my way up. Who knows, maybe I would’ve captured UWE Gold before hand, I could’ve been a Tag Team Champion or possibly even an Intercontinental Champion, hell there’s even a chance I could’ve been a UWE World Heavyweight Champion… But do you think if I was just another big name that I would be in the situation I am now? Oh god no, this is your traditional comeback story, and there is no one more in need of a come back than Tony Daniels.

I’ve been through hell to get to were I am. I am arguably in the best condition I’ve ever been. Hell, I’ve already proven that I am the best Cruiserweight in The UWE; now all I have to prove is that I am the best.    And no one, not Quentin Barnes, Duke Hamilton or even UWE’s Founder Bret Hart is going to take this moment away from me! As I enter Blackout this Friday I will walk in with my Cruiserweight Title comfortably place on my right shoulder only to exit with The Triple Crown seated nicely on my left. I’m not being cocky, I’m just being a realist.

Quentin, Que… We’ve had our fun… You’ve said your bit, I’ve said mine, but least be honest right now. You’re out of your league. The Triple Crown is a burden too heavy for you to carry on your own; your old age is making this run all the more harder on you. Do yourself a favour Gramps, lie down, there’s a nice four legged walker if you do…

Y’know, I can’t be that ego. You’ve worked hard for this; it’s almost unfair that I risk ruining your return, your reign. But like you said earlier this week “I have to beat you”. This match we both enter to prove our worth, and while I wish you luck on Friday, don’t expect to walk out of that building with that belt around your waist. Much like yourself I will bring my A Game. I will show you how we rock in The CCW. Your Barnes storm will be nothing compared to my Afterimage, your Desperate Times a mere joke against my Dropkick. Like I did all those years back I will risk every part of me to ensure that I am the one with my hands raised at the end of the night.

Of course, if you really do believe that you have what it takes to do what I can’t and keep a hold of that title. If you really do believe you are better suited to be UWE’s Headlining Champion, please… I’m begging you… Prove me wrong… Bring the fight to this match cause even if you try. You won’t be leaving this match a Champion, but you will go down like one.

I guarantee it!”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: