Vote For Us

Top Sites
Vote For UWE
at Wrestling R Us Top 100 EFeds

Top Site
Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment
March 29, 2024, 11:41:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The card for the upcoming Showdown in Austin, Texas has been posted here: http://uwe.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,11272.msg67761.html#new

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links UWE.com Staff List Login Register  

Oh How the Mighty Fall [RP #1]

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh How the Mighty Fall [RP #1]  (Read 257 times)
Star
Captain Ho
UWE Trainee

Win/Loss: 4/0

« on: August 18, 2009, 04:10:38 am »

Gon’ be some black on black hate crime up in here!

Why were people so **** stupid?

Blackout had rolled around for me once again, and despite that tacky tagline, I was thankful, even a bit relieved, for I once again had a reason to be away. For the past week I had slowly been forcing the old Star back into my psyche, which would have never been possible had I stayed back in Philly playing my reprised single mom role. I rationalized daily that this was a necessary occurrence.  I needed to do this for the children I’d left behind. They deserved a mother who knew what the **** she was doing in the ring, one who wouldn’t embarrass them. I would be damned if I actually voiced my real reason for leaving home.

It was just after midnight. My hotel room was enveloped by darkness, the only source of light being the glow from a melting candle nearby. My eyes were fixed on my reflection in the full length mirror mounted on the wall before me, this scene feeling eerily familiar. The nights were growing longer. I was becoming more and more restless…and none of this was ever a good thing. I should’ve gone to a spa or perhaps done some yoga. Anything was better than what I knew I was about to do. But as these thoughts rushed through my mind, I did absolutely nothing to bring them to light. Wrestling was supposed to stop that or at the very least slow it down. So why did I once again find myself in this terrible position?

It always came back to this…

I raised my hand and tussled my near waist length hair that was in desperate need of a cut and had reverted back to its natural curly pattern. Allowing my gaze to fall, I appraised what I saw staring back at me, unsure of just how I felt about it.  The remnants of child birth just about three months ago stared back at me, and I couldn’t be one to complain. My once rail thin figure had certainly filled out and didn’t seem to be going anywhere. Breasts two cup sizes above the norm swelled in a tube top of black lace and left my entire midsection exposed. A sparkling, white gold and ruby encrusted ring dangled from my navel above a matching black mini skirt that went no further than the top of my thighs. Smoky eye makeup and 5 inch spike heels set off a smoldering, unrecognizable look.

Mommy would’ve been proud.

---

The night couldn’t have called out to me more.  Without a destination, I’d leapt into the first taxi I’d seen and told him to drive. Where?  the driver rightfully asked me. Just drive was the only response I had for him. I didn’t know where I was going but knew exactly where I needed to be. What I needed to feel. Perhaps I’d see it soon enough.

The breeze felt cool against my skin as I pushed windblown hair out of my face, staring out of the open window as the scenery whizzed by. My eyes cut momentarily to the meter in the front seat. It read well over $40. Had I really been riding that long?

It didn’t matter. My mind was working overtime. Life had changed drastically for me within the past few months. Change was not something I’d ever done well with. I was a great fan of leaving well enough alone. It was depressing that no one in my life seemed to feel the same way. They never failed to take me through whatever changes they saw fit and all I could do was try my best to adjust. Wasn’t doing so well though. I tried to focus on something positive. Something I would benefit from.  My career’s resurgence.

Unlike Marrow, I had zero history with anyone in UWE. Well, up until last week. Before then I was floating, trying to find my place in a world that surely wouldn’t slow down to allow me to catch up. No, friends, no enemies, no accomplishments, nothing to distinguish me from the lot. I was just existing while Allen Marrow had already been at the top of the Blackout mountain as well as tumbled with many of UWE’s more established superstars. I should’ve been nervous. After all, lil’ ole me against this big black nigga? Yeah, I definitely should’ve been shook. It was just too bad for Allen that I wasn’t.

For those who had any trace of talent or sense, this point in the career of a wrestler was indeed the most dangerous time for their opponents. I was starved while Marrow had already been fed plenty, even if he had just fell flat on his face in a major title defense. He’d had the title to say that he’d lost it. I didn’t have ****. But I planned on rectifying that.

And even without that hunger, this was hardly forbidden territory to me. I’d made a career out of facing and defeating capable male competitors. And a life coming of age in the streets of North Philadelphia had prepared me for anything that Allen might dish out to **** with me mentally. So I guess it was safe to say that, even without being fully re-acclimated to the wrestling business, my confidence levels were at a comfortable medium.

“There!” I suddenly called out. I could see the driver’s startled reaction in the rearview mirror. I pointed out of the window to what looked like some sort of techno club at the end of the street. “Take me over there.”

After a moment of hesitation, he looked back at me and nodded before continuing forward. The taxi soon came to a rolling stop. I didn’t hesitate to reach into the small clutch that I carried and pull out of fifty dollar bill. When I reached through the plexiglass to hand the bill to the driver, he took it from me slowly, almost begrudgingly, as if he was sad to see me go. In this town, I was probably the only company he’d had all night.

Yeah, I could understand that.

I didn’t bother saying thank you. Thought a goodbye to someone I didn’t know was useless. Instead, I hopped out of the taxi and traveled to the club as fast as 5 inch heels would allow.

Once upon a time this was my scene. I was a permanent fixture among the Philadelphia and New York nightlife, but it had been a love/hate relationship in recent years. I was still in my twenties but those carefree years that usually came with it seemed to blow by so quickly. I didn’t know how I’d ended up with the life of a woman twenty years my senior. Perhaps I’d stumbled into one of these places once in a while to keep the lid on something that had probably escaped a long time ago. I very rarely sought clubs out just to have a good time.  Usually, I just needed a distraction. Something to pull me out of whatever trance I was in.

It never worked. And I seriously doubted tonight would be any different, but logic was never my friend at these times. I put that nonsense out of my mind, straightening out my disheveled skirt as I slipped past club goers in line and shimmied up to the front. This was an art form, getting into these so called “exclusive” places, one that my outfit had made sure I didn’t need to put too much effort into. Disgruntled line dwellers mumbled their bitterness as I sweet talked a small cluster of bouncers, throwing subtly snide glances over my shoulder at the angry Blondterouge looking skanks at the front of the line. Yeah, that’s right bitches. Hate me. You weren’t as cute as you thought you were.

My entrance was uncomplicated and smooth. I paid no attention to the surrounding masses vying for my attention, my destination in plain sight. Shoving my way through the crowd with no apologies, I maneuvered my way to the bar and slipped in front of the young male bartender at the far right. His brows furrowed in frustration, he quickly did what he could to soften his demeanor, but I knew just how he’d felt. Everyone always yelling, screaming and clawing at you, never enough time for yourself in a day, no one ever satisfied. I honestly felt for the poor boy. But still, I was about to add to that problem for him.

My first instinct was to order a nice shot of Everclear, but I was unsure of the legal mumbo jumbo that came attached to that. “Long island iced tea, please.”

With a smile and a nod, the clean cut bartender pulled up a tall class and worked his obviously inexperienced magic. I watched as he dashed about, grabbing various bottles and over pouring alcohol every which way. All I could do was smile. It was a perfect night to get the drink wrong. Hopefully he’d be pouring like this for a while.

And he did. Drink after drink, I sipped as casually as I would if there were no “long island” in that iced tea, the noisy atmosphere around me a welcomed distraction, trying to remember the last time alcohol had passed my lips. Flipping through my mental file cabinet, I couldn’t recall the last time, but I had a good idea of who it was most likely with.

I paused.

This past Friday had been one of the most difficult nights I’d had in a while, and no matter how many times I tried to understand it, I simply couldn’t. Three months he’d been away from me, somewhere…”safe” as he’d put it. Yet that night in Toronto, my love had been so close to me. So why had I stayed away from him? I’d watched the debut match of John Raide backstage only to slip quietly out of the arena before it had even concluded. Simple phone messages to inform me that he was okay hadn’t been enough, yet I had him here, so close, only to get as far away as I could.

And now I was here.

“You can go ahead and whip up another one of those for her.”

I hesitated once again, the unfamiliar voice catching me off guard. I could hear him perfectly, in this boisterous club, which simply put meant one thing.

He was too damn close.

I let out an exasperated sigh. Of course. This was the place for that sort of thing, right? I remembered all too well. I used to get a kick out of it, some weird sense of validation. Wasn’t sure what I was getting out of it at this very moment though.   

The bartender’s eyes caught mine, silently seeking my approval. I gave a nonchalant wave of my hand and he proceeded to mix yet again. I could hear the mystery man as he slid the stool next to me out and plopped down in it.

“You look familiar,” he said.

“I’m not,” I replied, still not looking at him. I heard him laugh.

“Well familiar or not, you’re beautiful as hell. Lovin’ the outfit.”

“How nice for you,” I spewed, taking another sip.

“Really, the things I’d do to you. Damn.”

The things he’d do to me? Well, well. That caused my full lips to curl into an unexpected smile. The alcohol permeated in my system, my eyes slid closed, mind wandered to moments in the not so distant past. He’d never be that cheesy.

At last, I turned to him, the smile still gracing my face. I was finally able to see my new little friend. One could easily mistake him for one of those slick minors who snaked their way into these places, but his confident smirk told a different story. This was a nightly routine for him. He was the rugged, ponytail wearing bad boy that need only smile for panties to drop. I was to be the bearer of said panties tonight. Lucky me.

“Well aren’t you a sweet one?”

“Sweet, huh?” he laughed. “Not somethin’ I’d call myself in the slightest. Sweet ain’t what I’m known to be. But if that’s what you like—"

The giggle that escaped me was so amazingly airheadish I almost jumped in surprised.

“Looks like we got ourselves a shy one.”

Shy. Right, right. That was me. The “shy girl”.

“You really do look familiar. That an accent? Where you from? Jamaica?”

Jamaica? What?! I had to stop myself from clawing his eyes out.  I hated when people said that. He had obviously never actually heard a Jamaican before, because I sounded nothing like one. With as Americanized as I had become, there were some things that would never fully go away. He probably had never even heard of Haiti. I opted to take another sip from my straw instead of correcting him. These were tasting better and better.

“So where’s the ring?”

I looked at him once again, his lopsided grin punctuating his question. I smiled, not fully understanding why what he’d said amused me so. Maybe it was the alcohol. I looked up at him with a sultry glare and simply said, “What do you mean?”

“No way a piece like you ain’t hitched.”

Piece? Marvelous.

“Oh,” I said with a hearty laugh. I pouted, feigning a look of confusion. “I guess my dear old hubby forgot to give me one.”

“Then,” he leaned in, his mouth barely an inch from my ear as he whispered. “I guess that means you can forget you’re married.”

Never mind that his lines seemed ripped from a crappy George Clooney flick. I was intrigued. Hadn’t imagined that I’d find someone who intrigued me this soon. My smile displayed this much better than words could. I didn’t protest when he grabbed my wrist and tugged me out of my seat. I did, however, put the brakes on for a moment. I turned back to the bar, grabbed my glass, swallowed down the remaining contents and then followed him to the dance floor.

In a matter a seconds, his arm was around my waist, pulling me in to seal the space between us. The awful music didn’t stop my flow. I was fluid in no time, forcing him to follow my rhythm in the center of a nest of sweat slicked bodies. The musty smell wafted up my nose. I leaned in closer to him, threading my arms around his neck. He didn’t smell much different.

Everything in life was a dance. The hormone induced pseudo-**** that went on here in this place, a corporate superstar negotiating a sweet contract that would set him up for life, even the most brutal bouts in a wrestling ring. It was all, in one form or another, choreographed exchanges. I was great at those. The best, some would say. The more intimate the dance, the better I was, so amazing I believed I could never be taught anything new. But he had always managed to surprise me. I remembered it all on this dance floor. We were always a sight to behold, the perfect reflection of us glimmering in strategically placed mirrors about our bedroom, fingers and limbs intertwined in a dance so sensuous tears never ceased to spill from my eyes. I couldn’t believe he’d ever want to walk away from that. From us. God was laughing at me once again.

My mind leapt back into the present. I peeled my body away from that of this stranger and gazed at him. His skin was flushed, eyes frenzied and starved, demeanor almost pained that I had broken away. I had gotten a little too lost in my thoughts. It wasn’t supposed to go that well.

I didn’t know how much time had passed. Didn’t really seem to matter. I turned on my heels and headed back to the bar to retrieve the small clutch I’d brought with me, surprised to find it still there.

“Whoa, wait a minute. The hell you think you’re runnin’ off to?”

He was pushing his way through the crowd in pursuit of me. I looked back at him for all of a millisecond before I dashed away, the exit in plain sight. I smashed the metal bar across the door and tumbled out into the night, immediately filling my lungs with fresh, unrecycled air. I’d forgotten how clubs could make you feel like you were damn near dying.

“Bring your ass back here!”

I hadn’t even made it a foot away before he fell out after me. Watching him stumble brought a smile to my face.

“Curfew, hun. Time for me to roll.”

“Heh, yeah. Whatever.” He was catching up to me.

I shook my head, still smiling. The outside atmosphere was winding down, so why did I feel like I was doing the opposite? Silly question…

My eyes searched the street for transportation while he remained on my heels. I soon felt his hand wrapped around my wrist for the second time that night. This grip was much firmer.

I turned to him. “C’mon, now. Be nice.”

“Nice? I ain’t that either.”

“Hey, wha—“

There was the look. The one I knew I’d see a mere three minutes into conversation with him. The one that all these types had a few dozen times in their life. And it hadn’t even taken much to draw it from him. His grip on my wrist tightened as his eyes darted to the alleyway behind us. He was strong. Much stronger than me. I barely had a chance to think before he’d yanked me into that dark corner of this already dark neighborhood. My back met cold brick as he pushed me against the side of the building we’d just exited. The wind was knocked from my lungs as he crushed his body against mine. His eyes, dilated pupils and all, captured mine as his mouth twisted into a smile that some could have quite possibly found terrifying. They were always junkies. His mouth moved in for mine. A quick turn of my head frustrated him. He tried again. I moved again.

“Fuckin’ tease…”

Julia Roberts was right. Where the hell did they learn this? They always landed with perfect precision, accuracy, just the right amount of force to make you feel like your entire face was about to shatter. That’s what it felt like when he backhanded me straight across the face. It’d been a while but I remembered. No woman ever forgot when a man hit her.

Here I go again…

---

Fight the power, huh?

Why do angry black dudes always feel the need to use that goddamn song?

Anyway, I feel that I just may have a match of substance this week. One that could quite possibly end up mattering. And it’s about goddamn time to. No disrespect to my previous opponents (even though I don’t really care), but I feel it’s about time that I was given a true chance to shine, and who better to do so against than a former Triple Crown champion. Damn, UWE. You must really love me. But I guess you’re all pleased to have a female athlete on your roster who is talented in the ring, on the mic, easy on the eyes and not either sucking dick every other promo or boring the hell out of everyone with the whole “RAWRZ!” or “Woe is me” shtick. It must be a blessing to finally have a true representative of what it means to be a female wrestler. Moi.

Now don’t get me wrong, I do understand that I’ve yet to make a true mark on this company. So you won’t see that truly big head of mine…yet. But I do believe I’m well within my rights to say that so far, I am impressing, and I plan on continuing to do so. This week it’ll be at the expense of a former champion but I’m sure he’ll be just fine. After all, from what I can tell, he’s no stranger to losing lately. Are you, Allen?

It’s cool. I can understand every dog has his day. It just pains me to say that you’ve had one too many, babe. Now, as a fellow UWE “nigga”, I say this with the utmost respect and “black love”…what the **** is wrong with you? How could you be on top of the world one moment and bowing down the very next? You couldn’t at least get off ONE successful title defense before handing that **** in? I mean really. Are you trying to set us back with this bullshit? Now it’s pretty much up to me to represent for my black people and show these fools that the white man and neva gon’ keep us down!

Oh, ****…

Did I just have a nigga moment?!

My bad. I watched “Do the Right Thing” before coming on here so I’m in some sort of mood right now. But the point is, I can honestly say I feel for you. I don’t know personally what it’s like to hand over glory that quickly but I can imagine just how heartbreaking it may be. We all struggle to obtain greatness, but it seems to me that you aren’t one who is meant to keep it. But me on the other hand? Well, call it corny, but I was born for it. From the **** you’ve handed yourself in this company, my beautiful flower of success will grow and flourish. And it’s only a matter of time before it’s in full bloom.

Ciao, baby.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:56:42 pm by Star » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: