Vote For Us

Top Sites
Vote For UWE
at Wrestling R Us Top 100 EFeds

Top Site
Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment
March 29, 2024, 12:37:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The card for the upcoming Showdown in Austin, Texas has been posted here: http://uwe.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,11272.msg67761.html#new

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links UWE.com Staff List Login Register  

This guy is freakin' insane!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This guy is freakin' insane!  (Read 433 times)
slumdog
Showdown Superstar
UWE Trainee

« on: August 29, 2009, 06:08:48 pm »

Greatest fighter you ever seen

ps. Think about Vlad when you see this!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

High Note
UWE Rookie

Win/Loss: 10-4-2 (.688)

Vapor Trail

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 09:20:40 pm »

I'd still like to see him match up against the biggest names in MMA.  And guess what?  Not trying to be a company guy, or a buzzkill or anything, but as far as the majority of MMA fans are concerned, most of them are in UFC.  He can go out and destroy a whole bunch of people, which he does very well, but if people don't know who those people are, or if they're UFC leftovers that observers may consider past their prime, then nobody is going to care, no matter how legitimate those wins are.  You wanna be considered the best in the world?  Then face the competition considered by the majority of people to BE the best in the world: that of the UFC.  Why the deal didn't go through is anyone's guess... as for me, I think it was a combination of Dana White undercutting Fedor's value (which is altogether moronic) and Fedor wanting to cross-promote (to which it's Dana's absolute right to say, "**** you").  The diehard fans will be creaming their underoos over Fedor as long as he's still active, but if you want to make him a household name, he's gotta be in UFC.  End of story.

Adam
Report Spam   Logged

10-4-2 (.688)
Angelus
The Master of Puppets
Hall Of Fame
UWE Icon

Win/Loss: 42/12/1

Should've found a better diet

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 09:27:38 pm »

Fedor had the chance to sign with UFC and face all the big names, the best fighters, and make a ton of cash on top of that.  The door was wide open for him, and what's he do?

Signs with **** strikeforce.  Alot less money, by no means the "top fighters of the world"

I think there's a chance Fedor knows he could get beat in UFC, and so he dodged em.  As long as he goes the easy route and isn't defeated, everyone can still argue he's the best in the world.  I'm not knocking the ability he's shown thus far, I'm just calling him a little bit of a chicken **** for signing with **** strikeforce instead of UFC.  Financially, it wasn't the best move.  Competition wise, definitely not.  It's just a little questionable to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Baron Von Jihad
UWE Upper Midcarder

Win/Loss: Too many wins, not enough losses.

FALCON PUNCH!

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 10:19:20 pm »

His overlords are what're holding him back. He is contractually obligated with M-1 Global for two or three more fights, after which I think we'll see Fedor make his own choices and his own decisions. Bottom line: M-1 forced him to sign with Strikeforce instead of UFC. Why? Co-promotion. That was the deal breaker in the UFC negotiations, and Fedor missed out because his overlords are **** incompetent.

Trust me, no one knows this better than Fedor at this moment. With that said, that's kind of what happens when you get in bed with the Russian Mafia.
Report Spam   Logged

Ace "The Bleach" Borger
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: W4-L3-NC1

The REAL King of Awesome.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 03:09:55 am »

Dont Matter, Lesnar would kick this fools dick off anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

UWE RECORD
Dark Matches - W1-L0
Showdown - W2-L2-NC1
PPV - W1-L1
Career: W4-L3-NC1
Streak: NC-1

NWA-Hawaii Record

Career: W2-L0

Latest: Defeated Adam Majors to win the NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Championship

Power 15
April - #5 +-

NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Champion (Current) (7-27-09 - xx)

Angelus
The Master of Puppets
Hall Of Fame
UWE Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 04:13:32 am »

The first fight, I dunno.  I think it could easily go either way pending who does what and what mistakes are made.  If Lesnar lost the first one though, I'd definitely expect him to win the second bout.  Jusy my opinion based off his highschool and college wrestling days, and his whole bout with Mir. 

And to be honest, I almost think Lesnar would need to lose the first one.  I think it'd be beneficial to him as a fighter for him to have that loss to look back on and see what he needs to improve on, and help himself grow as a mixed martial artist.  That, and, the guy would no doubt bust his ass to prepare for the second fight.  But, if he won the first bout, that'd be cool too. 
Report Spam   Logged

VincentR
UWE Trainee

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 09:34:53 pm »

Fedor Emilianenkov is like some one said, under the power of the Russian-mafia. So he cannot make his own choices. Its lot more on stake than just "being in the ufc". The mafia doesnt give a damn about the fights, they only care about their profits. So I  really dont understand how some of you and alot of people out there thinks that Fedor is scared?
Report Spam   Logged

Angelus
The Master of Puppets
Hall Of Fame
UWE Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 10:10:40 pm »

So, if it's about money...wouldn't the smarter choice have been UFC?  Not as many people are gonna pay to see Fedor vs Brett Rogers.  It would draw no where near the money as Fedor vs Mir, or Lesnar, etc. 

Financially, it wasn't the best move.  Competition wise, definitely not.  It's just a little questionable to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Quentin Barnes
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: Pay Per View (0 Win 0 Lose) Televised (4 Wins, 1 Losses, 0 Draw) Dark Match (0 Win 0 Loss)

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 10:22:46 pm »

That would depend on how the betting goes...
Report Spam   Logged

Wins - 4 Lose - 1 Draw - 0
Streak - -1[/center]
Baron Von Jihad
UWE Upper Midcarder

Win/Loss: Too many wins, not enough losses.

FALCON PUNCH!

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 11:11:54 pm »

The thing is, Chad, that M1 would see not a goddamn dime in the UFC--except for what they'd make from Fedor's fight purse. They wanted co-promotion so they could split the profits, something the UFC had every right to say "**** outta here" to. Not only that, but if they had successfully lured UFC into holding an event in Russia, there is nothing stopping the Russian government from revoking their Visas and **** them over, essentially holding them hostage until they gave over all profits. They have done **** like this before.

Essentially, dealing with Russia is like bending over and grabbing your ankles. People only do it if they're into that sort of thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: