Vote For Us

Top Sites
Vote For UWE
at Wrestling R Us Top 100 EFeds

Top Site
Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment
March 29, 2024, 11:18:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Results for Fight Night: Brutality are available here: http://uwe.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,11270.msg67758.html#new

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links UWE.com Staff List Login Register  

Mixed Martial Arts is boring

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mixed Martial Arts is boring  (Read 5796 times)
J King
UWE Trainee

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2009, 11:39:56 pm »

Fedor was losing to Arlovski before he got that shot in. Ive only seen 2 Fedor fights. He beat the **** out of Tim Sylvia but Id think he would win in a rematch and he didnt look great against Arlovski. So I cant say Im jumping out my chair for him. At the Affliction PPV I did see Vitor Belfort knock the **** out of Matt Lindland. Ive always been a Vitor fan so Im hoping he gets back into the swing of things.

I was reading some earlier posts and someone said that there is no one to latch onto in the UFC. He then went on to name a bunch of people that you could latch onto haha. However maybe its better that the big star of the time isnt a big star for 10-15 years. Maybe its a good thing that 3-4 years we love em, and then go to someone else. I mean people had Tito Ortiz and Ken Shammrock and Randy Couture when UFC was getting really big. Then Chuck Lidell took it by storm and he was on SI covers and on tv shows and everything else. Chuck Lidell was the face of UFC. Then he lost a couple fights in a row. But he didnt pack his **** and leave. He has a fight on PPV this Saturday and people cant wait to see it. He may not be number one anymore but he sure as hell still draws a crowd.

As for fighter today to latch onto, I mean hell, you have one or 2 in every division. You got B.J Penn and Deigo Sanchez. You have GSP. Anderson Silva, the STACKED Light Heavyweight division with Forrest Griffin and Rampage Jackson, not to mention the champ undefeated Rashad Evans. And Brock Lesnar in the Heavyweight division.

Someone also said these guys try to do as little work as possible to win a fight. If you say Brock Lesnar's fights against Mir and Herring, you wouldnt say that about him. Randy Couture always works his ass off in every fight. Ive never seen Tito Ortiz take it easy in a fight. Chuck Lidell and Anderson Silva, they may not rush there opponents, but they wait for the right time to strike, and when they do, its **** beautiful. And Rampage vs Jardine a few weeks back was a great fight. So your wrong on that front.

Pro Wrestling or MMA? For me would be MMA, because its unpredictable. Wrestling is so predictable its sometimes not worth watching. I love Ultimate fighting its great. Im even looking to get into other leagues other then UFC.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: