Vote For Us

Top Sites
Vote For UWE
at Wrestling R Us Top 100 EFeds

Top Site
Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment
April 16, 2024, 05:18:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Finally, congratulations to Efinn Rox for becoming UWE Champion

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links UWE.com Staff List Login Register  

A little starstruck

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little starstruck  (Read 1066 times)
Ace "The Bleach" Borger
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: W4-L3-NC1

The REAL King of Awesome.

« on: March 23, 2009, 08:56:28 pm »

Wow.

Just wow.

My current facet of the music industry has taken a turn toward the office work of it all.  I am now booking gigs for a few bars here in my hometown, and so far things are going good.  Today though, they got GREAT.

I have been booking bands from Amarillo for the past few shows, because its close and bands there are usually down to earth types who are just looking to play and make money for food lol.  Well, I just got a call from the Bass Player for The Toadies.  His side band THE MAG SEVEN is a surf priented rock band that is completely instrumental.  I saw them open for the Toadies not too long ago, and it was badass.  Well, I contacted their label, and he called me, just out of the blue.  They are totally coming to play here as a "cool down" gig from their latest tour with The Toadies.  Holy crap.  Im about to hold the key to the most secret, yet most exciting gig in the nearest 100 miles.
Report Spam   Logged

UWE RECORD
Dark Matches - W1-L0
Showdown - W2-L2-NC1
PPV - W1-L1
Career: W4-L3-NC1
Streak: NC-1

NWA-Hawaii Record

Career: W2-L0

Latest: Defeated Adam Majors to win the NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Championship

Power 15
April - #5 +-

NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Champion (Current) (7-27-09 - xx)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TraceTheWood
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:40:49 pm »

"The Mag Seven"?  Roll Eyes    Seriously, they basically called you an afterthought and you're happy about that. I think you seriously need to sit down and rethink your life.
Report Spam   Logged
Scylla
Showdown Superstar
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: 19/6/2

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:00:01 pm »

Cheesy Wow, great job Ace! Your job is like Paul Rudd's character in Knocked Up, right?
Report Spam   Logged

This Sunday, “when all is one and one is all”, 27 men, 2 women and Scylla will enter the ring.
The Adversary
UWE Main Eventer

Straight Edge is the future!

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:15:08 pm »

congrats, dude, i remeber when i booked my first major gig, i fel like a god lol so i completely supporu and understand your excitement.
up till now i booked for example : behemoth, vader, christ agony, and many more mainstream metal bands.

good luck dude !
Report Spam   Logged

Ace "The Bleach" Borger
UWE Midcarder

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 11:54:59 pm »

Cheesy Wow, great job Ace! Your job is like Paul Rudd's character in Knocked Up, right?

Yeah, I basically scout bands, then book them into one of the four bars that has weekend gigs here in town.  pretty nice job actually.

"The Mag Seven"?  Roll Eyes    Seriously, they basically called you an afterthought and you're happy about that. I think you seriously need to sit down and rethink your life.

Ya know something, you're a fuckwad.  You can't be happy for anyone else because you are obviously locked in some ****-tastic life.  Please go die, because you **** on more parades than Baron, and at least when he does it, he's funny.

The Mag Seven are gonna play at the bar I booked them at, though we may have a secret show with The Toadies there as well.  Tell me you've ever been instrumental in the making fo something that interesting in your life, ever. Douche. 
Report Spam   Logged

UWE RECORD
Dark Matches - W1-L0
Showdown - W2-L2-NC1
PPV - W1-L1

NWA-Hawaii Record

Latest: Defeated Adam Majors to win the NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Championship

Power 15
April - #5 +-

NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Champion (Current) (7-27-09 - xx)

Scylla
Showdown Superstar
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: 19/6/2

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 12:09:29 am »

I wish I had that much work ethic...I'm admittedly afraid to pursue photography as a career 'cuz I don't want to end up hating it. ^.^;;;
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:12:49 am by Scylla » Report Spam   Logged

This Sunday, “when all is one and one is all”, 27 men, 2 women and Scylla will enter the ring.
Ace "The Bleach" Borger
UWE Midcarder

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 12:18:56 am »

I wish I had that much work ethic...I'm admittedly afraid to pursue photography as a career 'cuz I don't want to end up hating it. ^.^;;;

The Key to pursuing what you love and not hating it is to do it slowly.  Musicians end up hating playing music when they catch a major label deal and yours when their band is only 6 months old, ya know? 

I've been in and out of bands as a drummer and singer since I was 14.  Ive recorded 3 albums.  I owned a record label in Houston with a family of 6 acts.  I have been a booker and manager for over 100 different bands.  But all that has happened in 11 years, ya know?  I took work doing it as I could find it, once your name gets out there as a skilled worker, then the business pretty much runs itself, ya know?

It works the same with photography.  My wife has been the photog for everythign i've don since we've been together.  And not only does it get her name out, but she also got great practice and ended up having some of the best action shots I've ever seen.  Now that she's got a little bit of a name locally, she gets calls every couple of days about taking pictures of this or that. 

Just takes time to love what you do, and then to also love doing it for money.   Adding money to an equation always fucks it up somehow.
Report Spam   Logged

UWE RECORD
Dark Matches - W1-L0
Showdown - W2-L2-NC1
PPV - W1-L1

NWA-Hawaii Record

Power 15
April - #5 +-

High Note
UWE Rookie

Win/Loss: 10-4-2 (.688)

Vapor Trail

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 01:56:02 am »

That's **** awesome, dude.  Congratulations in a BIG way! Afro

Adam
Report Spam   Logged

10-4-2 (.688)
TraceTheWood
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 07:01:55 am »

Ya know something, you're a fuckwad.  You can't be happy for anyone else because you are obviously locked in some ****-tastic life.  Please go die, because you **** on more parades than Baron, and at least when he does it, he's funny.

The Mag Seven are gonna play at the bar I booked them at, though we may have a secret show with The Toadies there as well.  Tell me you've ever been instrumental in the making fo something that interesting in your life, ever. Douche. 

You basically said that it's unfortunate that I'm not dead. Don't expect me to be happy for you, after that. I'm assuming by "that interesting", you mean not interesting at all and actually really boring. Just to clarify, no, I haven't. Also, call me "sir", the next time you address me.
Report Spam   Logged
Ace "The Bleach" Borger
UWE Midcarder

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:01:22 am »

You basically said that it's unfortunate that I'm not dead. Don't expect me to be happy for you, after that. I'm assuming by "that interesting", you mean not interesting at all and actually really boring. Just to clarify, no, I haven't. Also, call me "sir", the next time you address me.

I wont ever call you sir, you aren't worthy of the title, on either side of the pond.  Show me a knighthood order or some butterbars that you EARNED, and I might consider calling you something other than Little ****.
Report Spam   Logged

UWE RECORD
Dark Matches - W1-L0
Showdown - W2-L2-NC1
PPV - W1-L1

NWA-Hawaii Record

Power 15
April - #5 +-

Baron Von Jihad
UWE Upper Midcarder

Win/Loss: Too many wins, not enough losses.

FALCON PUNCH!

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 09:26:05 am »

Don't mind him Boogers, the dude's just trying to copy my style. It's flattering, to be honest. He just needs to work on comedic timing, as well as talent. Gotta have talent.

I personally have no clue who TMS are, but that doesn't mean they're a **** band. Congrats on getting them gigs, and The Toadies I have heard of... if you pull that off, I'm demanding a Fed Ex'd autograph from them. Wink

Oh, and Trace...

Everyone's gotta have limits. Generally the OOC environment is pretty laid back, and you can sling **** wherever. However, one thing you do not do is **** on a man's working life. That's just a big no-no in life, and anywhere else you roam. The minute you **** on someone's work, you're basically calling yourself out to prove you're doing something more "worth while", and even then, that's pretty suspect. You're still a kid, so I'm sure Rabbit's gonna forgive you this time. After that, you've been warned.

No really, you say something that out of line again and you won't know what the hell happened to you.
Report Spam   Logged

TraceTheWood
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 10:49:08 am »

Show me a knighthood order or some butterbars that you EARNED, and I might consider calling you something other than Little ****.

...Sir. Don't forget to add that to the end.  Wink

Don't mind him Boogers, the dude's just trying to copy my style.

No, no, no. Don't be silly. This brings us back to what I said before, and that's people don't really care about you as much as you think that they do. Being blunt with people is how I am. If it wasn't with you, it would be with somebody else. Just like it was before you began posting on this board, and just like it will be after you decide to leave. If I don't like somebody, I will let them know it. Just ask anybody who has been around the UWE, for the past 10 months.

Everyone's gotta have limits. Generally the OOC environment is pretty laid back, and you can sling **** wherever. However, one thing you do not do is **** on a man's working life. That's just a big no-no in life, and anywhere else you roam. The minute you **** on someone's work, you're basically calling yourself out to prove you're doing something more "worth while", and even then, that's pretty suspect. You're still a kid, so I'm sure Rabbit's gonna forgive you this time. After that, you've been warned.

No really, you say something that out of line again and you won't know what the hell happened to you.

Oh, snap! Yo bruv, soz a wos a **** in the neck pain, bro. Seriously, I really wouldn't want to get pwn'd on the internet. That's my number one fear. I must not get pwn'd on th internet. It's like this. I only hope that one day I will be able be able to have as much cred as "Baron Von Unbanned"...you know, the guy fron the internet. That forum that I go on. You know, the wrestling forum? Yeah - that one. Still don't remember him? Oh, buoy - betta get wid tha profile. He's the N-Dawg of all bitchin'.

Also, if you reply to this, keep it concise. I can't be bothered to read through half a page of rambling.
Report Spam   Logged
Baron Von Jihad
UWE Upper Midcarder

Win/Loss: Too many wins, not enough losses.

FALCON PUNCH!

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 12:10:38 pm »

I think I've figured it out. I really do.

And I sympathise.

The problem you seem to have is that whenever the attention is not focused on you, you tend to butt yourself into a conversation just to deliver an opinion that is half-baked and generally not well thought out. You act like what you say carries weight in any degree, when it really doesn't. This topic, for instance. Rabbit didn't post because he wanted to know what you thought, he posted because he wanted to tell his friends what was going on in his life. That did not give you carte blanche to walk in, say "meh, nothing important going on here" and walk out. You didn't have the right to act like you're king **** sitting atop turd hill, Trace, and you never really will.

I may be a dick--ask Rabbit--but I try to keep it within boundaries. If someone said something **** retarded (as you, Trace, are often prone to do), I will keep it tied to that subject. The subject in which they are wrong. What you do is walk into a thread, look at something somebody else is excited about, and then take a big steaming **** all over it. That doesn't win you any favours, and, to be honest, I'm starting to think it's impossible for you to be anything but a dick. Why is this? Well, I have a theory...

I think, above everything else, Trace, that you need attention. I think that you look around and see someone else getting attention for something they're doing/talking about, and you need to make your presence known somehow. You need to act like whatever you have to say will be the end-all-be-all of that discussion. You act like if you haven't given your opinion on a matter--even if it's completely worthless and adds nothing of value to the subject--then it hasn't gained any form of credibility. This is because, in your little world, you are the definition of excellence.

But let's dig a little deeper.

Why do you think that way? Why does Trace Wood thing that he needs to be in the spotlight on a consistent basis? Well, I've got an idea about that too.

I think, bottom line, is that nobody really pays much attention to you, Trace. I think you're starved for attention, and that you've given up on getting it through any means of positive interaction. Does this make you a horrible person? No, it doesn't... but it does make you a dick. It makes you look like a retarded, grumpy old man when really, you're probably the farthest thing from it. So tell us Trace, bury the hatchet and come out and say whatever it is that makes you act like this. I'm urging you because, to be honest, if you continue on with this kind of attitude... well, someone's going to hurt you. And I know you're gonna laugh and say "lulz sum d00d threatened me over t3h netz" and that's not true. No one here is posing any kind of threatening gesture to you. All I am saying Trace, is that you need to really think about what's wrong with your life, and try to fix it. If it means no one gives you attention, then maybe you should seek other circles of friendship. As it stands, I dare you to name one person here (or in your life) that does not have some kind of an issue with you. I talk to a lot of UWE guys regularly, and I won't name names but... well, to be honest, they kinda wish you'd disappear.

So really, you're faced with two choices. Either you commit here and now to become a better person not for your reputation or social standing, but for yourself... or you continue down this path, and someone will come along in your life and beat respect into you. It's your call. I'm just offering some words of wisdom I've picked up over my years on this planet.

So kiddo, what's it gonna be?
Report Spam   Logged

William Russell
Showdown Superstar
UWE Main Eventer

Win/Loss: Yet to debut

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 12:52:05 pm »

Seriously guys, just leave it be! This thread has gone far away from its topic so I suggest that we get back on track and you two keep your discussion in PMs. Because this continues here this thread will be locked.

To get back on topic...who is the Mag Seven? Looked on Youtube and couldn't find anything on them, but found stuff with the Toadise and they sounded good.

-A
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:59:37 pm by Anderson » Report Spam   Logged

Quentin Barnes
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: Pay Per View (0 Win 0 Lose) Televised (4 Wins, 1 Losses, 0 Draw) Dark Match (0 Win 0 Loss)

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 03:11:18 pm »

I think I've figured it out. I really do.

And I sympathise.

The problem you seem to have is that whenever the attention is not focused on you, you tend to butt yourself into a conversation just to deliver an opinion that is half-baked and generally not well thought out. You act like what you say carries weight in any degree, when it really doesn't. This topic, for instance. Rabbit didn't post because he wanted to know what you thought, he posted because he wanted to tell his friends what was going on in his life. That did not give you carte blanche to walk in, say "meh, nothing important going on here" and walk out. You didn't have the right to act like you're king **** sitting atop turd hill, Trace, and you never really will.

I may be a dick--ask Rabbit--but I try to keep it within boundaries. If someone said something **** retarded (as you, Trace, are often prone to do), I will keep it tied to that subject. The subject in which they are wrong. What you do is walk into a thread, look at something somebody else is excited about, and then take a big steaming **** all over it. That doesn't win you any favours, and, to be honest, I'm starting to think it's impossible for you to be anything but a dick. Why is this? Well, I have a theory...

I think, above everything else, Trace, that you need attention. I think that you look around and see someone else getting attention for something they're doing/talking about, and you need to make your presence known somehow. You need to act like whatever you have to say will be the end-all-be-all of that discussion. You act like if you haven't given your opinion on a matter--even if it's completely worthless and adds nothing of value to the subject--then it hasn't gained any form of credibility. This is because, in your little world, you are the definition of excellence.

But let's dig a little deeper.

Why do you think that way? Why does Trace Wood thing that he needs to be in the spotlight on a consistent basis? Well, I've got an idea about that too.

I think, bottom line, is that nobody really pays much attention to you, Trace. I think you're starved for attention, and that you've given up on getting it through any means of positive interaction. Does this make you a horrible person? No, it doesn't... but it does make you a dick. It makes you look like a retarded, grumpy old man when really, you're probably the farthest thing from it. So tell us Trace, bury the hatchet and come out and say whatever it is that makes you act like this. I'm urging you because, to be honest, if you continue on with this kind of attitude... well, someone's going to hurt you. And I know you're gonna laugh and say "lulz sum d00d threatened me over t3h netz" and that's not true. No one here is posing any kind of threatening gesture to you. All I am saying Trace, is that you need to really think about what's wrong with your life, and try to fix it. If it means no one gives you attention, then maybe you should seek other circles of friendship. As it stands, I dare you to name one person here (or in your life) that does not have some kind of an issue with you. I talk to a lot of UWE guys regularly, and I won't name names but... well, to be honest, they kinda wish you'd disappear.

So really, you're faced with two choices. Either you commit here and now to become a better person not for your reputation or social standing, but for yourself... or you continue down this path, and someone will come along in your life and beat respect into you. It's your call. I'm just offering some words of wisdom I've picked up over my years on this planet.

So kiddo, what's it gonna be?

Hands up everyone who loves amatuer psychology... Hands up... Anyone? No? Not even me? Oh... Well... I guess this post was pointless... Ahh well, more of my life wasted on drivel... Saying or reading, either way it's a good job I have nothing else going on in it or I'd be pissed...

Seriously, neither of you know each other... And yes, Trace can be a dick... But so can Baron... And so can people who have come and gone. And yes, Trace does have a point "warning people" about what will happen to them... Over the internet... Is, as you would so eloquantly put it Baron, "retarded" because what exactly is it that you're going to do? Post more posts about just what you think about him? I think by now, everyone should realise that Trace has never, still doesn't, and never will care about what people think about him...

One thing that the MDE situation taught me was that I really need to remember that it doesn't matter what people think about me on here. Because I'll never meet anyone on here... If I do? It will be by accident in a moment of my life that will be forgotten in an instant. And while I do enjoy talking to many of the people I've met in UWE it is bull **** like this that made me want to quit the first time... Yet people seemed to blame it on MDE? Wierd...

The fact is, not everyone will get along... It's a fact of life. And whilst my little post here will not change anything, neither will amateur psychology lessons... Neither will "warnings" about what will happen...

Yes, I understand that Trace is annoying... I get that... He annoys most people that aren't me. But at the same time, I've stopped letting people on the internet annoy me because it started to become too much about who likes me and who doesn't. I now don't care... Honestly, couldn't care less. Trace is the same, and to some extent Baron is the same... So what's the point sitting here telling people what you think of them when you know that they don't care?

At the end of the day, it's a huge waste of time and energy... Which is exactly what each and every one of you fuckers have done who have got far enough into my post to actually read what I'm saying her. Kudos on the commitment into sticking with this post and reading everything I've said... But seriously, find something better to do... Because as much as I think Trace is annoying sometimes... I think Baron is annoying too... But neither is as annoying as seeing the world and it's wife take mutual offence over comments made by a faceless individual on the internet and as one criticising them for it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:42:37 pm by Riddick Andrews » Report Spam   Logged

Wins - 4 Lose - 1 Draw - 0
Streak - -1[/center]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: