Vote For Us

Top Sites
Vote For UWE
at Wrestling R Us Top 100 EFeds

Top Site
Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment
March 29, 2024, 10:11:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Well done also to Marvin Wood and Haven for stealing the show at Showdown

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links UWE.com Staff List Login Register  

Losing weight like drinking a glass of water

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing weight like drinking a glass of water  (Read 384 times)
.khanboy
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: 10 / 10 / 1

The Demon Within

« on: March 27, 2009, 10:55:30 pm »

So lately I've gained weight over the winter and I'm currently 160lbs, now two weeks ago i was about 175 and I've been going to the gym about 3 times a week approximately and I've changed my whole diet system to healty healthy healthy. So my question is, is losing weight to fast bad for your health and body overall. Not saying its bad to lose wight just saying can losing it too fast damage you?
Report Spam   Logged

UWE Tag Team Championship - 10th December 2007 until 10th March 2008

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ace "The Bleach" Borger
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: W4-L3-NC1

The REAL King of Awesome.

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:46:04 pm »

So lately I've gained weight over the winter and I'm currently 160lbs, now two weeks ago i was about 175 and I've been going to the gym about 3 times a week approximately and I've changed my whole diet system to healty healthy healthy. So my question is, is losing weight to fast bad for your health and body overall. Not saying its bad to lose wight just saying can losing it too fast damage you?

No.  When I left home to go to the Army, I was about 5'9'' and weighed in at around 275.  Needless to say, I was obese.

When I got home 16 weeks later from boot camp, I weight 140.  I lost ten solid pounds a week, every week for 14 weeks of Basic training. On Average.  I actually went all the way down to 125 because of my small frame, and bulked back up to 140. I also hit a small growth spurt and went up to 5'11''

I float around 200 nowadays.  Fluctuating anywhere from 170 in the summer to 220 around the holidays.
Report Spam   Logged

UWE RECORD
Dark Matches - W1-L0
Showdown - W2-L2-NC1
PPV - W1-L1
Career: W4-L3-NC1
Streak: NC-1

NWA-Hawaii Record

Career: W2-L0

Latest: Defeated Adam Majors to win the NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Championship

Power 15
April - #5 +-

NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Champion (Current) (7-27-09 - xx)

Angelus
The Master of Puppets
Hall Of Fame
UWE Icon

Win/Loss: 42/12/1

Should've found a better diet

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:48:33 pm »

Yes, losing weight too quickly can be harmful and dangerous for your body.  It can **** up your metabolism for one.  Working a diet system is great, just make sure you aren't going too extreme for your body.  

I remember cutting 10-15 pounds in a matter of 2-3 days 4 or 5 years ago during a wrestling season and I felt like **** for a while.  I was physically exhausted.  I had been dieting and training so hard to cut weight that I pushed my body way too much and ended up passing out one day.  Just take it slow man.  
Report Spam   Logged

Ace "The Bleach" Borger
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: W4-L3-NC1

The REAL King of Awesome.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 12:00:51 am »

Yes, losing weight too quickly can be harmful and dangerous for your body.  It can **** up your metabolism for one.  Working a diet system is great, just make sure you aren't going too extreme for your body.  

I remember cutting 10-15 pounds in a matter of 2-3 days 4 or 5 years ago during a wrestling season and I felt like **** for a while.  I was physically exhausted.  I had been dieting and training so hard to cut weight that I pushed my body way too much and ended up passing out one day.  Just take it slow man.  

Yeah, cuttin weight is NOT good.  I wrestled in High School and that **** killed me weekly.  Texas actually implemented a rule while i was a senior that did not allow anyone to drop more than 10% of their body weight during the season after their initial official weigh-in.  The reason the army program works is because they set your diet plan for you.  you get up everyday at the same time, workout, then eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, all while working out in between meals.  they basically break you down physically, then build you back up into a fitness machine.  It changes everything about your physicality.
Report Spam   Logged

UWE RECORD
Dark Matches - W1-L0
Showdown - W2-L2-NC1
PPV - W1-L1
Career: W4-L3-NC1
Streak: NC-1

NWA-Hawaii Record

Career: W2-L0

Latest: Defeated Adam Majors to win the NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Championship

Power 15
April - #5 +-

NWA-Hawaii King Kamehameha Royal Heritage Heavyweight Champion (Current) (7-27-09 - xx)

TraceTheWood
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 07:23:34 am »

Well, I'll go back to what everyone says, Khanboy. When you've lost the weight you want to lose, then what are you going to do? Just stop your diet and your fitness program? You need a program and diet which you can continue after you initially lose the weight. Using an exercise program and diet which is too intense is a recipe for putting the weight back on, after you've intially lost it.
Report Spam   Logged
Scylla
Showdown Superstar
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: 19/6/2

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 04:02:50 pm »

Everyone is right so far, Mr. Khanboy. Depending on the diet you use, losing weight quickly can have its pros and cons.

When my bro went in to the marine corps (SEMPER FI, BORGERFACE!) he was about 220, then went down to 160. Needless to say he looked fabulous, but when he left bootcamp his weight didn't stay that low because he wasn't doing all that rigorous training all the time.

YoYo dieting is BAD btw! I'd know. -_-;;

But if you're going to stick to the current exercise regime and diet plan, then good on you! Eventually you'll level out and mantain a healthy weight for yourself. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

This Sunday, “when all is one and one is all”, 27 men, 2 women and Scylla will enter the ring.
William Russell
Showdown Superstar
UWE Main Eventer

Win/Loss: Yet to debut

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 05:00:31 pm »

Well I can only speak from my own experiance, going from 220 down to 180. I did so thanks to WW and what they say, and this is something I've heard doctors and dietitian say, is that a weight loss of 1 or 2 lbs per week is a healthy weight loss. This is of course until you reach your ideal weight or the weight you've sat as your goal.
Then of course you have tweak your diet so it goes hand in hand with your training, your body need energy but not to much, because losing weight is an easy math problem; to lose weight you have to burn more calories than you eat. The more you eat the more you have to train.
In the beginning of a diet, and this I do know of, you do lose weight fast as your body adjusts to the new diet. I remmeber during the first two or three weeks of my diet, I avereged around 4-6 lbs, then it slowed down; but all along I ate what I was soppoused to eat.

So looking at your weight now compared to at the start, it looks like your body is adjusting itself to your diet and that the training does it share.
Just make sure that yu eat properly and don't go hungry. Because then your body starts collecting the fat as it goes in to the Starve mode and it is that fat that is the hardest to burn.
Report Spam   Logged

mannytheniggarific
Showdown Superstar
UWE Upper Midcarder

Win/Loss: the fuck you wanna know for? I'm legendary ho.

that nigga you hate, love, and wanna ****

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 12:42:10 am »

Rapid weight fluctuation fucks your heart up. If you're going to lose weight, you've got to make sure that you'll be able to remain at that weight and that takes a plan, a lifestyle change, willpower, and the right friends.
Report Spam   Logged

YEAH NIGGA!!! i have returned you swamp suckin sacks of horse ****. I say this with love mind you. suck a herpes outbreak dick if you don't like it. Biatches.
Baron Von Jihad
UWE Upper Midcarder

Win/Loss: Too many wins, not enough losses.

FALCON PUNCH!

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 01:28:01 am »

Or a hell of a lot of coke.
Report Spam   Logged

Michael Storm
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: 7-2

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 06:15:36 pm »

Losing weight too quickly is bad.  I've never had that problem... Though I do have weight problems.

I'm 6'3"-6'4" and six-seven months ago, I was 311.  Terrible.  In a month, I lost about 17 pounds.

Right now, I lost about 30 pounds, around 283 and am at a plateau.  I still plan on losing 60 more pounds.
Report Spam   Logged

Win/Loss/Draw:  7-2-0
UWE's **** Champion: 11/26/07-12/10/07
UWE's Tag Team Champion since 12/24/07 with Gangsta Clown
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: