Vote For Us

Top Sites
Vote For UWE
at Wrestling R Us Top 100 EFeds

Top Site
Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment
March 28, 2024, 09:58:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Results for Fight Night: Brutality are available here: http://uwe.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,11270.msg67758.html#new

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links UWE.com Staff List Login Register  

lol Denver had no faith in their Nuggets/Vince sues

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lol Denver had no faith in their Nuggets/Vince sues  (Read 448 times)
Keith
UWE Main Eventer

« on: May 21, 2009, 08:39:45 pm »

Vince McMahon appeared on ESPN News last night and was interviewed by former WWE personality and current ESPN News anchor Jonathan Coachman about the WWE/Denver Nuggets issue. Vince blasted Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke, saying Kroenke should be arrested for impersonating a good businessman because he did not have enough faith in his team to book the Pepsi Center in advance. Coachman mentioned that WWE had booked the Pepsi Center back in August but are now being kicked out due to a Nuggets playoff game on Monday. Vince said that there were no tentative dates or provisions in the contract he signed with the Pepsi Center and that they are simply kicking WWE out unfairly. Coachman read a statement from the Nuggets in which they said they are trying to work things out, and McMahon said the only way to work things out is a steel cage match between he and Kroenke. Vince said he is sending his productions trucks to Denver on Monday and that the Pepsi Center will just have to hold two events. Vince said that the NBA even backed off and left the issue up to the Nuggets because the Nuggets never booked the arena in advance.

- MGH-TV in Denver interviewed Vince McMahon over the issue with the Denver Nuggets and the Pepsi Center. During the interview, McMahon held up Lakers gear and said that's what he thinks of Denver Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke. McMahon said that Denver is a great city but that WWE is being thrown out.

"Even though the Denver Nuggets had a strong team this year and were projected to make the playoffs, obviously Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke did not have enough faith in his own team to hold the May 25th date for a potential playoff game," McMahon said.

WWE held a press conference today announcing that Monday's Raw taping and Tuesday's Smackdown/ECW tapings were now being moved to the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA next week, forcing the company to cancel the originally scheduled Raw taping in Denver at the Pepsi Center and the Smackdown/ECW tapings on Tuesday at the World Arena in Colorado Springs.

Here is the official statement from WWE.com:

Monday's Raw moves to L.A.'s STAPLES Center
Written: May 20, 2009

STAMFORD, Conn. – World Wrestling Entertainment has made arrangements, given innumerable logistical challenges and obstacles, to move its internationally televised broadcast, WWE Monday Night Raw, to Los Angeles' STAPLES Center. The live televised event, which was scheduled to take place at the Pepsi Center in Denver this Monday, May 25th, will take place at the STAPLES Center at 5:30 p.m. PT.

Tickets for Monday Night Raw in Los Angeles will become available tonight at 8 p.m. PT.

WWE was forced to seek alternative arrangements due to the Pepsi Center’s double-booking of May 25th for both WWE Monday Night Raw and Game 4 of the NBA Western Conference Finals. The event will now take place live from the home of the Denver Nuggets' opponents, the Los Angeles Lakers.

Denver fans wishing to receive a refund for their tickets to the originally scheduled Pepsi Center event must return tickets to the original point of purchase

Vince McMahon spoke to 9News and once again seems to be considering legal action against Denver Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke. McMahon said:

"It's really unfortunate because if he were just a regular business man and picked up the phone and said, 'Vince, you know, we're throwing you out but I want to make it right, what can we do?' I never heard from Kroenke, I don't know if anyone else has either, by the way, he's somewhat of a Howard Hughes guy I understand. I think our company has been damaged severely from a financial standpoint and from a psychological standpoint as well. You don't treat people the way Kroenke's management treated us. I'm not a litigious kind of guy, but quite frankly when we have a contract and we have over 10,000 tickets sold and you just say: we're out, and we're not going to do anything for you, you know we're not going to make any restitution. We may pay for your additional expenses, that's it. There could very well be a lawsuit down the road."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 08:46:41 pm by Espio » Report Spam   Logged

Credit goes to layztme of dA

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tista
Hardcore, Straight Edge
Showdown Superstar
UWE Great

The Choice of a New Generation.

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 11:54:01 pm »

Well, WWE will not be going back to Denver for quite some time.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

UWE Career Record: 61-55-3 (8-4)
UWE Championship Reigns: Intercontinental (2), **** (2), Tag Team (2) (#1 w/ Baine) (#2 w/ Kiezamoore)
mannytheniggarific
Showdown Superstar
UWE Upper Midcarder

Win/Loss: the fuck you wanna know for? I'm legendary ho.

that nigga you hate, love, and wanna ****

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:29:00 am »

That's pretty fuckin pimp to hold it in LA, though. That's my MY city, baby. Ultimate player **** by McMahon. "**** the nuggets, ****. LA all the way."
Report Spam   Logged

YEAH NIGGA!!! i have returned you swamp suckin sacks of horse ****. I say this with love mind you. suck a herpes outbreak dick if you don't like it. Biatches.
Tista
Hardcore, Straight Edge
Showdown Superstar
UWE Great

The Choice of a New Generation.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 04:14:59 am »

That's pretty fuckin pimp to hold it in LA, though. That's my MY city, baby. Ultimate player **** by McMahon. "**** the nuggets, ****. LA all the way."

I have to admit, that I don't care for Basketball, but I hope the Nuggets get eliminated, show that guy what he missed out on Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

UWE Career Record: 61-55-3 (8-4)
UWE Championship Reigns: Intercontinental (2), **** (2), Tag Team (2) (#1 w/ Baine) (#2 w/ Kiezamoore)
???
UWE Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 04:52:39 am »

The really funny thing though. If the Lakers had taken care of business in Game 6, this would be a non-issue. The schedule would've been different and game four would've been sunday instead of monday.

Stupid Lakers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: