Vote For Us

Top Sites
Vote For UWE
at Wrestling R Us Top 100 EFeds

Top Site
Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment
March 29, 2024, 07:13:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Results for Fight Night: Brutality are available here: http://uwe.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,11270.msg67758.html#new

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links UWE.com Staff List Login Register  

Cristiano Ronaldo

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo  (Read 478 times)
Greenbean
The Kingpin
Administrator
UWE Great

« on: June 11, 2009, 03:25:54 pm »

As a United fan, I'm disappointed to see Ronaldo leaving, but no one man is bigger than the club and 80million is a whole lot of money for one player and we will be able to get other players in for that money. What do you guys think..
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Quentin Barnes
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: Pay Per View (0 Win 0 Lose) Televised (4 Wins, 1 Losses, 0 Draw) Dark Match (0 Win 0 Loss)

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 03:34:31 pm »

As a Liverpool fan... I couldn't be happier. Not because I want to see a player with his talent leave... But because I dislike his attitude. He's arrogant and petulant, and if it wasn't for how good he is he would be in the same league as Robbie Savage and Craig Bellemy. Having said that, he's a World Class player and no matter how much Madrid paid for him, you wont replace him. Not with Messi, not with David Villa... No-one will give you what he did. I for one, cannot wait for next season now. Whoever steps into the job of scoring 30 goals a season from midfield has some massive shoes to fill.

P.s. It's now official that Liverpool own the Premiership's best player... El Nino!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Wins - 4 Lose - 1 Draw - 0
Streak - -1[/center]
Chris Horton
Showdown Superstar
UWE Star

UWE **** Champion

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:31:59 pm »

Na, Rooney > Torres.

As a United fan, honestly, I'm not all that bothered. As Bean rightfully said; no player is bigger than the team. Especially at Old Trafford. I'll be happy to see the back of his attitude, but then again, we'll miss his talents and what he brings on to the field a lot. I don't actually think we'll miss him as much as we missed Beckham at first, to be honest.

£80m is a lot of money, and hopefully some of that will be used to either keep Tevez or bring in Benzema and a new right winger. Franck Ribery may be out of our price range at £87m sadly, but that's life. Fergie will unearth another gem.
Report Spam   Logged

CHRIS HORTON def. JAMES POLYCKE - UWE HACKED 2010
Quentin Barnes
UWE Midcarder

Win/Loss: Pay Per View (0 Win 0 Lose) Televised (4 Wins, 1 Losses, 0 Draw) Dark Match (0 Win 0 Loss)

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 07:39:47 pm »

I'll give Bean his due, he's not a TYPICAL Man Utd fan... On the other hand...

There's not a football fan in the world who would honestly have Rooney in their team before Torres... Not one that knows anything about football anyway. I'd have Torres, Gerrard, Lampard and even that cheating horrible twat Drogba in my team before Rooney... Not to mention Fabregas. And that's not because I'm a Liverpool fan, because I'd rather have Tevez than Rooney.

Over-rated he is, and please don't point out the game yesterday... That team's won 4 games in 10 years.
Report Spam   Logged

Streak - -1[/center]
William Russell
Showdown Superstar
UWE Main Eventer

Win/Loss: Yet to debut

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 07:42:39 pm »

Get back to me when we start talking about Ibrahimovic  Afro

And as a respond that you won't replace Ronaldo. I think there are players that could have replaced him, maybe not so many that single handed could do so, but with the right midfielder and striker he can be replaced. Messi however could replace Ronaldo any day of the week, since Messi is a better football player than Messi. He keeps a good level of his game and has a high lowest level, higher than Ronaldo.

The thing is with Ronaldo that I am torn about him IS he a great football player, if you look at the technique and those things; no doubt. But is he a great football person; hell no. I never seen a bigger cry baby on the field ever.

I think movin to Spain might be good for him, since La Liga isn't as physical as the Premier League.

But true that this is a to good of an offer for ManU to say no to and they would have been idiots not to accept. Just think what he would have been worth if he would have said no to renewing his contract when that time would have come. A good move made by both parts.
Report Spam   Logged

Quentin Barnes
UWE Midcarder

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 08:29:08 pm »

I always thought that Ibrahimovic was awesome... Until Inter played Liverpool. Maybe he had 2 off games, I don't know but he seemed completely out of his depth.

As for Messi? Prehaps... The problem with Messi is that he's coming from that self-same La Liga that Ronaldo is going to to avoid the pace and ferocity of the Premiership. And he's played against English opponents on numerous occasions and not made any impact till the Man U game...
Report Spam   Logged

Streak - -1[/center]
William Russell
Showdown Superstar
UWE Main Eventer

Win/Loss: Yet to debut

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 08:34:37 pm »

Good point. But what an impact he made right?  Wink This season in La Liga will be intresting, having both Messi and Ronaldo play there. Now they are playing under the same circumstances.

It will be intresting and see what ManU will do next, with all the money or if there is someone within their own ranks that Fergie will let through.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: